Re: Assistance with graphics

by Kym Jones <kjones(at)adam.com.au>

 Date:  Tue, 29 Feb 2000 00:11:21 -0600
 To:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

Renae,

I like the graphics but to be honest, it really would be better if they
could be re-done. If you look at the left hand side, where the logo is, you
can see where it's been pasted onto the background and positioned so that
it intrudes into the base of the of the header and without wanting to be
unkind, it doesn't look very professional.

You also need to ask them to redo the block of text because there's an
error in the, I think from memory, second line...it doesn't make sense...it
says ....."our your", so they're going to have to fix that and they really
should be .gifs as Heather pointed out.

Once those things are fixed, and your table dilemma sorted out, I think it
will look very nice :)

HTH

Kym

At 07:22 AM 02/28/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>Hmm, In my opinion, using the full sized header and footer graphics is not
>the best way to go.  The header and footer images total more than 83K which
>is rather a lot.  And is unnecessary.  The page loaded ok for me using my
>cable access, but others might find it slow.   If the page is coded
>properly, you could carve up the graphics and lay the 'pieces' in a table
>using a matching background and that would also give you the advantage of
>having the table resize to the width of the browser properly.  Right now,
>when I look at it in 800x600 the images end just short of filling my screen.
>When I checked, the graphic is not 960 wide, it's 760 wide.
>
>As for the font, there is no way to change a font on a .jpg graphic.  You
>would need to go back to whoever created it and provided they have their
>original files, they should be able to change the font.  (I like it
>however).  It does seem a little faint for the yellow text below the logo on
>the header.
>
>The text on the footer looks really jagged to me though. Kind of fuzzy.
>That could be improved.   In addition, these graphics really 'should' have
>been made as .gif's instead of .jpg's.
>
>Can you have them make adjustments to the graphics they sent?
>
>Regards,
>
>Heather
>
>Heather Peel        email:   heather(at)thenetnow.com
>The Net Now       website:   http://thenetnow.com
>**  Affordable Web Hosting and Design
>

>> I have been struggling with graphics for a site I am helping create.  A PR
>> firm created these graphics and gave them to me in .jpeg format.  The
>header
>> and footer are 960 pixels wide.  I am trying to create this page with a
>> table
>> and it was my understanding that when placed in a table using percentages
>> define the width, it would adjust the graphics to the width of the browser
>> window?
>>
>> I am also disappointed in the font they used which is one from T26.com.  I
>> am
>> not able to bold this font.  This will eventually be an image map - is
>there
>> anything I can do with the subheadings under Greater Muskegon Catholic
>> Schools to make them more readible?
>>
>> Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thank you in advance.
>>
>> Renae Hesselink, C.P.M., CPIM, A.P.P.

Never slap a man that is chewin' t'baccy....

FoJo Media -  for Creative Web Design and Marketing Services
http://www.fojomedia.com

Visit our garden to enhance your website with FREE graphics...
http://www.angelfire.com/biz3/makinwaves/garden.html

In conjunction with Makin' Waves Studio
http://www.angelfire.com/biz3/makinwaves/index.html

A tribute to my Mother who recently passed away
http://www.geocities.com/BourbonStreet/Bayou/4441/tribute.html