Re: Coffee Cup is freezing with image insertion???

by Kym Jones <kjones(at)adam.com.au>

 Date:  Sat, 22 Apr 2000 09:08:50 +0930
 To:  Lou Hall <lhall1(at)midsouth.rr.com>,
hwg-graphics <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

Hi Lou,

I use CoffeeCup and have downloaded and installed each new version as it's
become available. I haven't had any problems with it except for an
occasional runtime error. Exiting and restarting often will fix the problem
and if it doesn't I reboot. It doesn't happen often enough to cause a problem.

They do make a point of saying that you *must* remove any previous versions
before installing a new one...did you do that ?

I would suggest that you download it again, remove your currently installed
version and do a complete reinstall. If that doesn't fix the problem, make
sure that it's not something else causing your problems, and then write to
Coffee Cup again and ask for help. I have found their Tech Support to be
pretty good.

HTH

Kym

At 05:54 PM 04/21/2000 -0500, Lou Hall wrote:
>To anyone using CoffeeCup Editor, Version 8.1
>
>I had a heck of time downloading 8.1, as 8.0
>would download. Something maybe on my computer
>that their server thought it should do such a thing.
>Could whatever caused that be causing my problem
>here?
>
>But now with CoffeeCup 8.1, windows 95, Netscape 6
>Microsoft Explorer 5, I am having with CoffeeCup
>this problem when using Netscape Communicator.
>
>If I try to "Insert" an image into the HTML script the code will
>go to my HTML window, but then my screen will freeze.
>Using ctl+alt+delete, I see the message that
>Coffecup is not responding. Sometimes I can click
>and drag a file to the HTML text with success, but
>not often. Of course, I lose all my work from the
>last save when this happens.
>
>Is any of you that uses CoffeeCup 8.1 experiencing this
>problem?  If not, or if so, I would appreciate your saying so..
>
>I have experimented with all the right click, left click,
>single click, double, click, remove software, re download,
>reinstall, etc.
>
>I have been in touch with help at CoffeeCup. That is why
>I sometimes try click and drag, and reinstalled without
>solving the problem.
>
>Thank You,
>Lou

Never slap a man that is chewin' t'baccy....

FoJo Media -  for Creative Web Design and Marketing Services
http://www.fojomedia.com

Visit our garden to enhance your website with FREE graphics...
http://www.angelfire.com/biz3/makinwaves/garden.html

In conjunction with Makin' Waves Studio
http://www.angelfire.com/biz3/makinwaves/index.html

A tribute to my Mother who recently passed away
http://www.geocities.com/BourbonStreet/Bayou/4441/tribute.html