Re: wallpaper

by Kym Jones <kjones(at)adam.com.au>

 Date:  Thu, 22 Jun 2000 01:44:54 +0930
 To:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

Paul,

Depending on what type of wallpapers you're talking about...here's what I
would do. If you're talking about straight out textured/patterned papers
with no side borders or anything, why not create the tiled background and
then turn them into thumbnails. That way, you can create a site with a
table and put one to a cell with a link to the full size paper. Place the
download information on the page with the wallpaper so that visitors know
exactly what to do and they're not just left looking at a big ole colored
screen with no instructions :)

If you're talking fancier wallpapers, with side, top or bottom borders, you
can still go the way of the thumbnail, but obviously they will be a little
larger and maybe you can put the small ones at the top and the larger ones
across the bottom of the table, so it looks nicely balanced.

HTH

Kym

At 12:16 AM 06/22/2000 , Cook, Paul J. wrote:
>Does anyone have any hints or tips for creating wallpaper images? They will
>be downloadable from a web page. What resolution/size/screen resolution
>issues may or may not be important?

FoJo Media -  for Creative Web Design and Marketing Services
*NEW*...Be sure to visit the "Samples Gallery"...*NEW*
http://www.fojomedia.com

Visit my garden to enhance your website with FREE graphics...
http://www.angelfire.com/biz3/makinwaves/garden.html

A tribute to my Mother who recently passed away
http://www.geocities.com/BourbonStreet/Bayou/4441/tribute.html