Re: Text Over 3D Gold Medallion

by Kym Jones <kjones(at)adam.com.au>

 Date:  Fri, 13 Oct 2000 08:36:49 +0930
 To:  "Villano,
Paul" <VillanoP(at)usachcs-emh1.army.mil>,
HWG GRAPHICS <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

Paul,

I don't know what you're using to make your graphic but it if your text
isn't nice and solid, is there a chance that you're inadvertently applying
a soft edge or transparency to it ?  Just a thought.

I've used a dark/navy blue on gold and it looks great without being too
harsh but it shouldn't make any difference whether it's 3d or 2d...it
shouldn't look washed out.

Just my 02 cents worth.

Kym

At 05:11 AM 10/13/2000 , Villano, Paul wrote:
>I have a photo of a 3D medallion (sorry, can't show it to you online) that I
>want to superimpose text over.  But any text color I use seems washed out.
>It's for use as a CD label.  I've tried white, black, shadows (which turns
>the text gray)...Any experiences or ideas of what color makes the best
>contrast with 3D gold?
>
>Thanks in advance!
>
>PAUL
>"No passion in the world is equal to the passion to alter someone else's
>draft."  -- H.G. Wells

FoJo Media  -  for Creative Graphics & Web Design
Visit The Garden for FREE graphics
PhotoImpact Users - Get FREE objects in UFO format.
http://www.fojomedia.com