Re: Text Graphics Software?

by =?iso-8859-1?Q?St=E9phane?= Bergeron <berlar(at)generation.net>

 Date:  Thu, 15 Apr 1999 17:58:15 -0400
 To:  capriher(at)cyberstreet.com (James Rodney Smith)
 Cc:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 06:34 AM 14/04/99 -0400, you wrote:
>Without buying a very expensive graphics design software package like Corel
>or Pagemaker, is there any software out there that does a good job of
>turning text into 3D, etc?
>I've looked around and can't seem to find anything.  I don't do enough
>design (yet!<G>) to justify the expense of a really good graphics program
>and do use PSP, Corel's lesser programs, and MS, but need to be able to do
>some nice text graphics.  (I use a PC)
>Regards,
>Jennifer Herald Smith

Get a hold of Ulead's Cool 3D 2.0.  It does awesome 3D text and then some=20
(has prepackaged "objects" and can import Windows Enhanced Meta Files drawn=
=20
in Illustrator, Free Hand or whatever).  It does animation (with automated=
=20
tweens, flexible lighting with 4 light sources, etc) and is a very powerful=
=20
and easy to use program that's inexpensive.  Check it out: www.ulead.com

HTH!

St=E9phane