Re: Slightly OT

by =?iso-8859-1?Q?St=E9phane?= Bergeron <berlar(at)generation.net>

 Date:  Sun, 13 Jun 1999 14:18:09 -0400
 To:  Kym Jones <kymj(at)airmail.net>
 Cc:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 12:30 PM 13/06/99 -0500, you wrote:

>Hey Guys,
>
>I need some help here :)
>
>Has anyone else had a problem installing and running  Ulead Cool3D V2.5 ?
>It looks like a really neat little program and on the first install, all
>went well, but when I shut it down, I couldn't open it up again without
>rebooting. Something to do with a C++ Runtime error..abnormal program
>termination although, all I did was "exit'...nothing out of the ordinary.
>
>I have reinstalled that sucker four times now, with the same end result and
>am ready to start tearing my hair out. BTW, I have tried downloading from a
>site other than ULead.com too in case there was a malfunction in the
>download :)

Hello Kym,

I have installed Cool 3D 2.0 and upgraded to 2.5 without a glitch so I=20
don't know what can be causing your problem.  You should be aware that Cool=
=20
3D needs you to install the latest version of Direct X to run (6.1 I=20
believe).  I don't know if this is related to your problem but is worth=20
looking into.

I am not aware of any other piece of software that does all that Cool 3D=20
does in that price range.  Just the fact that it can import .wmf or .emf=20
saved from Illustrator or Free Hand and give them a 3D look and animate=20
them is really amazing to me.  I hope you can solve your problems and enjoy=
=20
Cool 3D.

HTH!

St=E9phane Bergeron