Re: Geneva font for Mac...

by =?iso-8859-1?Q?St=E9phane?= Bergeron <stephberg(at)videotron.ca>

 Date:  Sat, 12 Sep 1998 17:48:57 -0400
 To:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 03:38 PM 12/09/99 -0400, you wrote:
>A client has asked for the Geneva font on his Mac to be the web site font.
>What would an equivalent True Type font be?

Probably Verdana.  I work for an e-zine that is very text heavy and we=20
settled on Geneva for the Mac alternative to Arial instead of Helvetica=20
since it seems to be a bit bigger than Helvetica like Verdana is to Arial=20
on the PC. This solved the problem we had of text being too small for our=20
staff or readers on Macs while it was just right on the PC.  I believe it=20
is also a tad more ornate than Arial or Helvetica (again like=20
Verdana).  Verdana is free, readily available and probably installed on a=20
lot of PCs already.

HTH!

St=E9phane Bergeron