Re: Large images on the net....

by 2Nerotik <2nerotik(at)nisa.net>

 Date:  Wed, 15 Sep 1999 15:19:17 -0700
 To:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Sorry Mike I will definitely have to disagree a bit on this.

It's not the fact that people don't have 56K... all that means is that on a
good day if the wind is just right
and the sun and moon are in perfect align meant with the rest of the stars
... then maybe just maybe
they'll connect at 56K.

There are many people who may have a 56K modem but only connect at 28.8
because of poor phone line connections

I know I myself will at most times only connect at 40 - 48K sometimes very
rarely I'll connect at 49K.

But there's also been many a bad day where I could only connect at 33.6K
because of the weather or some other disturbance
with the phone lines.

So you definitely have to allow to 28.8K connectors out there.

At 04:06 PM 9/15/99 -0500, Mike Dahlor wrote:
>I work for an ISP and I would say that on average the modem speed being
>sold today is almost entirely 56K or better, but I would allow for at
>least a 33.6 as there are tons of them still out there. 28.8 you can
>allow for, but personally I think those folks already have or are
>considering upgrading.
>
>--
>Peace and blessings to you, in Christ,
>Mike