Re: image map blurry?

by Brian Markham <bmarkham(at)home.com>

 Date:  Tue, 28 Sep 1999 21:28:13 -0400
 To:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 05:52 PM 9/28/99 -0700, you wrote:
>I made the graphic on the left side of http://www.parenttoparent.com with
>photoshop 4.0. I saved it as a jpg at a level 5 quality.

This could be your problem..I took a look at the image, and thought maybe
color depth differences were creating the dots, but at 256 colors the image
looked the same as it did at millions of colors on my screen. Perhaps the
AOL browser is creating the 'fuzziness' or possibly your client is
interpreting what you see as dots as fuzziness..I really couldn't tell you,
as I don't have access to the AOL browser.

>I used just a white background and a simple font  to write those words with
>anti aliasing on.

Maybe you should try saving the file as a .gif then? With the few colors
you use, this may be the better solution for a small, high quality graphic.
I really think it's PS4's jpg compression that's killing your image..

Hope that helped

------
Brian Markham
Owner, Elysian Web Design, Inc.