Re: Fireworks tutorial?

by =?iso-8859-1?Q?St=E9phane?= Bergeron <stephberg(at)videotron.ca>

 Date:  Wed, 29 Sep 1999 20:21:30 -0400
 To:  Cathy Gellis <cgellis(at)cisco.com>
 Cc:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 03:52 PM 29/09/99 -0700, you wrote:

>If a whole tutorial is too hard to find, I need something that will tell me
>about making circles and warping the text to the inside of the circles.
>That will get me through my initial project...

This is quite easy to do in Fireworks.  Begin by creating your text and=20
then the path or circle you want to attach the text to.  Select both=20
(Shift-click) then go to the Text menu,choose Attach To Path and that's=20
it!  You can then play with the Orientation settings (still in the Text=20
menu).  The Skew Vertical option is especially cool since it gives the text=
=20
3D depth (try it you'll see what I mean).  To adjust the position of the=20
text on the path or circle just open the Object inspector while your text=20
on a path is selected and enter a number in the Text Offset field.  There=20
is no little handle to drag the text along the path manually like in=20
Illustrator but you still get precise control.  If you have more questions=
=20
don't hesitate.

HTH!

St=E9phane Bergeron