OT: Nuts n Bolts '98 was [RE: Scanning a Pencil Sketch]

by 2Nerotik <2nerotik(at)nisa.net>

 Date:  Thu, 30 Sep 1999 12:58:40 -0700
 To:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
It's from McAfee and can be picked up at just about any computer store.

http://www.mcafee.com

They may have it to download as a Full try and buy version.

The Norton Utilities 2000 is awesome too, 3 of the programs I use all the
time from it are:

"WinDoctor" huge improvement over the Windows Registry Cleaner

"Speed Disk" huge improvement over the Windows Defrag

& "Disk Doctor" huge improvement over the Windows ScanDisk

once you try them you'll never go back to those other 3 from Microsoft

Download Full 30 day Try & Buy from http://www.norton.com

Once you use it, you'll want to go right out and buy it.

At 08:22 AM 9/30/99 -0700, 2Nerotik wrote:
>Paul... have you ever tried running Nuts n Bolts 98 ?
>
>There's a subprogram called PC Checkup.
>
>When I upgraded from Win95 to Win98... I had a problem with my
>HD driver and completely lost my CD-ROM... Win98 would not recognize
>I had one even tho my computer is completely Plug n Play.
>
>However once I ran the PC Checkup... It fixed everything, HD driver
>problem and found, recognized and installed the proper drive for the CD-ROM.
>
>I highly recommend trying it. Just plugin in you tablet and run the program.
>
>The Nuts n Bolts 98 "PC Checkup" should do the rest. I love this program
>almost
>as much as I love Norton Utilities 2000.
>
>At 07:24 AM 9/30/99 -0400, Villano, Paul wrote:
>>I bought a cheap-o scanner (at Wal-Mart!) and have no problem at all
>>scanning in pencil drawings.  Sounds like there's some kind of problem
>>with your scanner.
>>
>>Beware of Intuos.  I have one of their tablets (at home), had to remove
>>it and tried to re-install it.  Now it won't re-install.  Either the
>>software hangs, unable to recognize the device (on a COMM port the
>>software won't recognize...and won't give you an option to change!!),
>>and when I try to install a new device through Windows Settings, it
>>tells me that WIndows (98) doesn't recognize the drivers and to contact
>>the manufacturer.  I did...they never got back to me after several
>>attempts.  So be careful.
>>
>>I'd check into a different scanner before I did anything else.
>>
>>Paul
>>Serving the SOULdier

.oOo.