Re: Macromedia Stability

by 2Nerotik <2nerotik(at)nisa.net>

 Date:  Thu, 11 Nov 1999 18:32:09 -0800
 To:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Norton Utilities replaces these Windows programs

Speed Disk replaces Defrag

Win Doctor replaces RegClean (registry cleaner)

Disk Doctor replaces Scandisk

All 3 of the Norton Utilities programs are in my opinion 5xs as better
than the windows programs and they do more as well.

It would be in comparison to Notepad vs Word.

The Norton Opimization Wizard will make it so that your Windows registry is
optimized so that your programs run faster tho I don't know how noticable this
is. However I will never ever go back to the windows versions of the above
programs.

At 04:29 PM 11/11/99 -0500, Reywob(at)aol.com wrote:
> > I'm using both (and both started out as trial versions) with Win98 with no
> >  problems.
> >
> >  The problem could come in if you got a bad download. A bad download
> >  may let the programs seem to install ok but will produce some funky
> results
> >  even ones such as you see below.
>
>I didn't download the program, but installed it off a cover disc.
> >
> >  Suggestion is to uninstall them redownload and try again... make sure you
> >  clean your registry and wipe out all traces on your HD before doing so
>just
> >  be safe.
>
>Unfortunately my computer expertise doesn't run to fiddling in the registry.
>Anyone tell me how I can learn?
>
> >  This is only one possible cause of the problem mind you.
> >
> >  I've said it before and I'll say if again, get Norton Utilities 2000 if
>you
> >  don't already
> >  have it, it's not all that much and can save you a lot of headaches and
>run
> >  WinDoctor,
> >  Disk Doctor, Speed Disk and Norton Optimization Wizard when you get it.
>And
> >  Yes in
> >  that order.
>
>I've got Cybermedia Uninstaller Deluxe, which I have found to be superb (but
>Dad hadn't got it turned on at the time) and McAffee Virus scan.  Does the
>Norton Utilities do more things than these two programs?
>
>Peter.

.oOo.