Re: Saving from a website

by 2Nerotik <2nerotik(at)nisa.net>

 Date:  Fri, 12 Nov 1999 09:49:21 -0800
 To:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
NO THEY ARE NOT.

Sorry had to vent on that one.

The only times I've ever had it happen to me I've always gotten
a blank file when it's tried to save it as a bitmap and looking at the
code of the page tells me that it is not a bitmap.

I usually if I really want the pic will type the pics name into the url to
open it up into a new window... well until I found out about the left
mouse click that is.

This is indeed a glitch in IE 4 & 5, tho I don't see it so much anymore
in IE 5 then again I rarely grab pics from the net anymore so it's really
hard to say just how prevalent it still is.

At 07:07 AM 11/12/99 -0500, Captain F.M. O'Lary wrote:
>Is it possible that these images that are saving as bitmaps actually *are*
>bitmaps?
>
>You know there are some folks out there publishing web pages that haven't
>got a CLUE what they are doing, much less the difference in file formats.
>
>In *most* of the browsers I have seen there is a 'helpers' and/or 'file
>types' tab in the settings. Looking at IE 3.X I see that .bmp _is_
>registered as an 'acceptable' format, and I indeed CAN open a .bmp image in
>my browser.
>
>Just a thought.
>
>Fuzzy

.oOo.