RE: [Kais PowerGoo & PhotoShop Questions]

by 2Nerotik <2nerotik(at)nisa.net>

 Date:  Wed, 24 Nov 1999 15:37:23 -0800
 To:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Just to pipe up a little here.

I have both PSP 6 and PS 5 and while I use PS 5 alot more I do like having
both especially now that PSP6 has vector capabilities tho I haven't tried it
out yet its nice to know its there.

As most plug-ins are available to both PS and PSP I think the biggest advantage
is that PS has a better layer layout and that actions you can do with it.

While PSP has tubes, some filters that I would've like to have seen in PS
and the
ability to make frames for you graphics now and store them in separate
files now.

And while there are other tools and things you can do with one prog and not
the other I think the biggest thing is price as mentioned, where I am I've seen
PS5 (now 5.5) cost from $999.99 to just a little over $1000 while PSP6 is about
$120. A HUGE price difference.

At 03:41 PM 11/23/99 -0600, Virginia Blalock wrote:
>At 11:40 AM 11/24/99 , Villano, Paul wrote:
>
>>All well and good.  Except most of us don't get free software.  You've got
>>to PAY for PhotoShop.  A whole lot more than Paint Shop Pro.  And if the
>>only reason you have the pricier software is because it's the industry
>>standard, not because it's the best product, that's a problem.  The point of
>>the discussion (at least from my end) is an attempt to steer thinking toward
>>making the best product and the industry standard the same thing.
>
>I can accept that Photoshop is more powerful, etc that Paint Shop Pro. The
>better question may be: Is it $600 better? Is PS not something like $700?
>PSP is a little over  $100. I don't know the answer to this question
>because it's been forever since I have looked at Photoshop.
>
>Virginia's Visions
>http://www.visionsnet.com

.oOo.