RE: [Kais PowerGoo & PhotoShop Questions]

by 2Nerotik <2nerotik(at)nisa.net>

 Date:  Sun, 28 Nov 1999 08:52:44 -0800
 To:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Opps that's right I was specifying here in Canada, specifically BC.

And I have seen the Educational version of PS 5.5 going for around
$ 299 Can.

Q: Where do you put the settings you want for PNG compression in Fireworks ?

I converted a 258 KB BMP into a PNG in FW2 but the PNG was twice as big
around 400+ KB

I then said, "Man that's crappy." took that same BMP into PSP6 and exported
as PNG
for which it then asked me if I wanted to optimize it I said yes and
produced a PNG that
was around 167 KB.

Is it me or shouldn't a program that is suppose to be the best for PNG
actually be the best producer of PNG ? I'm sure I'm missing something but I
looked and didn't see anything in the settings or preferences.

At 07:33 PM 11/28/99 +0800, Gary Barber wrote:

>If you are NOT in the USA, then its going to cost a little more, maybe, For
>example in Australia you about AUS$900 to AUS$1000 thats US $580 to  US
>$650. Consider that maybe the previous reply may be from someone oustide the
>US.
>
>Then again consider getting PS LE and upgrade on one the offers from  Adobe
>within the first six months, they have them all the time.
>
>Gary
>radharc.
>
> > WHERE ON EARTH are you seeing prices for PhotoShop as high
> > as $1000!?!?!?!?!?!? Even Adobe themselves sell it for $649!!!!
> >

><snipered the rest>

.oOo.