Re: Indexing wrong color in FW 3. >:( ~~ Now Fixed

by 2Nerotik <2nerotik(at)nisa.net>

 Date:  Fri, 24 Dec 1999 14:55:52 -0800
 To:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org,
flasher(at)shocker.com
  todo: View Thread, Original
The information really didn't help, but it did get me to go back and try again.

For some reason it was setting the black I indexed as transparent to white
even tho it was showing that color I wanted as transparent. The final solution
I stumbled upon was to export the image with the color it was "showing in FW3"
as transparent close that image and then reopen it and save it.

I reopened it so see if it was still "showing" the black as being
transparent and it
was so I choose to save the image for no other reason than boredom and then
import into Flash 4. Voila the black as indexed as being transparent for
the 1st
time and has cut my Flash file from 145K to 36K.

Further contemplation on this makes me wonder if it was indexing the wrong
transparent
color when I imported into F4 because the image was still open in FW3 or
that it
indeed had to be reopened and saved again in FW3 then imported into F4. Go
figure,
well at least it works now.

At 01:37 PM 12/24/99 -0700, John Dowdell wrote:
>After reading the description a few times, I think the core question may be
>"What can prevent transparent backgrounds in recent versions of Flash?". If
>so, then does the following document help...?
>
>"Transparent PNG and GIF issues in Flash 3"
>http://www.macromedia.com/go/13524
>
>jd

.oOo.