Re: getting started. need suggestions.

by 2Nerotik <2nerotik(at)nisa.net>

 Date:  Thu, 13 Jan 2000 12:01:59 -0800
 To:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
These prices are the norm, ones I quoted but do very by several hundred
dollars depending on where you live and what sales/auction/education offers
you discover and take advantage of.

Getting software like what you say you bought for the prices you list are
called warez and are completely illegal and you should be keeping quiet on
who your sources are. Being in Russia it may be hard to track you or your
sources down but the laws are getting stiffer, just look at what has/is
happening in China which is doing the same thing with pirated software.

Also it will blacklist your name on the lists for mentioning that you use
and buy stolen software. Making it extremely difficult to get answers to
any of your questions you may have on using said software as most people on
the lists are professionals or at least are on their way to making it their
profession and look down on pirates with great disdain.

At 09:26 PM 13/01/2000 +0300, Dmitry Murashev wrote:
> >>Paint Shop Pro will run about $99 - $120 (note all prices are in Canadian
>$)
> >>PhotoShop will run about $1000
>
> >About 600$ US for Photoshop 5.5
>
>May I ask about prices?
>Is it high prices on this software for americans?
>
>I'm from Russia. And for me these numbers are crazy.
>I have bought Adobe Photoshop and Paint Shop Pro for 3$ each; Corel Draw,
>PhotoPaint for 9$ on 3 CDs.
>And I can buy any software for just 3$ for CD. These software not licensed,
>but all is working good.

.oOo.