Re: Revised Background Image Question

by 2Nerotik <2nerotik(at)nisa.net>

 Date:  Tue, 01 Feb 2000 11:01:57 -0800
 To:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
JavaScript setup with an array that contains a list of the backgrounds you wish
to use.

I have created a JS that will display a random background each
visit/refresh of a page.

Quite easy to use and cross platform compatible. You can set as many or as few
backgrounds as you want. The JS is also highly adaptable.

For backgrounds, images, sounds, or text messages. Just depends on what you
want to use it for and a knowledge of how to change parts of it.

Email me offlist (mailto:2nerotik(at)nisa.net?subject=JavaScript) for it.

PS: using the above email link will supply the subject line for you so I
can filter the messages for quicker response.

At 08:26 AM 01/02/2000 -0800, Carol Geary wrote:
>I'd like a more general answer to this question: is there
>any way to change a background image using HTML or
>Javascript? I know how to change the background color but
>have never found a way to change the background (image) that
>is set in the <BODY> tag.
>
>Cody Redmon wrote:
> >
> > Is it possible, when programming with simple HTML script, to change the
> > background image (which has a "FIXED" property) upon "activation"  or "use"
> > of the up/down scrollbar located on the right side of the screen?
>
>--
>Caroling Geary, http://home.earthlink.net/~caroling/

.oOo.