Re: Background won't show

by 2Nerotik <2nerotik(at)nisa.net>

 Date:  Wed, 08 Mar 2000 11:47:06 -0800
 To:  kef(at)desoto.net,
hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Your external CSS might be over riding your HTML background designation.

try removing the background attribute from the BODY of your HTML page
and make you CSS BODY like this:

BODY { background: #FFFFFF url(fchsback.jpg) }

I can't see any other reason it won't display.

As for the header, try this in your external CSS instead:

H1 { font-size: larger;
      text-align: center }

It may or may not make a difference.

At 10:29 AM 08/03/2000 -0800, Kef Moulton wrote:
>Hi,
>Will somebody please take a look at my page at
>http://www.desoto.net/users/wwwkef/validate.html and
>tell me what I'm doing wrong?  I've added a background
>jpg.  It shows up fine in NN and not at all in IE.
>Also, since I added it and the table, my heading is
>very small in NN although it looks fine in IE.  Thanks
>for your help.

PS: there's a heck of a lot of white space in there too.
.oOo.