Re: Image Libraries

by Roxy <4Roxy(at)autumnweb.com>

 Date:  Mon, 06 Nov 2000 16:38:45 -0500
 To:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
 >I have a subscription to ArtToday and I'm disappointed. I went to search
for *customer* so that I >could find a pic of people interacting over a
store counter and ended up with 169 pics from some >exotic country like
Thailand in their outdoor market. Not exactly commercial quality. Where can
I find >a library with what I need?
 >TIA,
 >BenO

... well, you DO get what you pay for ...

There are many photo/image companies that are on line. You do need to read
their licencing agreement though. Some have multi level licences. Pay x
amount, you can use the image for certain purposes, pay y amount, you can
use the image for these purposes, etc. Depending on what you will use the
image for, will determine the price paid.

Some of the on line places I know of are:

http://www.dgusa.com/
http://www.digitalvisiononline.com/
http://www.picture-gallery.com/
http://www.eyewire.com/
http://www.s2f.com/STOCKPHOTO/
http://www.photostogo.com/
http://www.corbisimages.com/
http://www.dsgnhaus.com/
http://www.photodisc.com/am/default.asp
http://www.comstock.com/web/default.asp
http://www.tonystone.com/am/default_main.asp
http://www.1stopstock.com/
http://www.graphxedge.com/digitalimagery/index.htm
http://www.pubtool.com/

I'm sure you could find others, search for "royalty free stock art" or similar.

Hope that helps, Roxy
Autumn Web  ~ http://autumnweb.com/
Not just putting your business on the Web,
Promoting your business on the Web!