Re: How to Scan Slides

by Roxy <4Roxy(at)autumnweb.com>

 Date:  Sat, 03 Mar 2001 16:55:49 -0500
 To:  <krichardson(at)mts.net>,
<hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 03:35 PM 3/3/01 , Ken Richardson wrote:
>I need to scan several 35mm slides. I have a Microtek 3600 which up till now
>has served me well. I understand that there is a LightLid35 available from
>Microtek. I don't know if that will serve my needs better than just putting
>the slide on the bed and covering it with a piece of paper. Time is also a
>factor as these slides must be scanned to a tiff file for printing by Monday
>evening. I may not be able to buy this lightLid in time. Any and all ideas
>and suggestions welcomed. If this is off topic please email me off list.
>
>Ken Richardson
>krichardson(at)mts.net

I believe this site has good info about building a "thing" that works well
for scanning slides.

http://www.AbstractConcreteWorks.com/essays/scanning/Backlighter.html
and
http://www.AbstractConcreteWorks.com/essays/scanning/improved-method.html

these are some other sites in my bookmarks about scanning ... may be helpful?

http://www.hsdesign.com/scanning/
http://www.scantips.com/
http://www.unleash.com/articles/scan3d/
http://home.att.net/~cthames/index.htm
http://www.dtp-aus.com/flatbed1.htm

Roxy

Roxy's Renditions web page + email graphics
+ tutorials, Web Page Help, and PSP 5, 6 + 7 Tubes
Free 4 personal use ~ http://autumnweb.com/Roxys/
Make your website unique: Custom Graphic Designs
Autumn Web ~ http://autumnweb.com/