Re: Removing White Around Image in PSP5

by Virginia Blalock <virginia(at)visionsnet.com>

 Date:  Sat, 04 Dec 1999 02:17:37 -0600
 To:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 08:28 PM 12/3/99 , Becky wrote:

>I've tried and tried to remove the white around a fish image in PSPro
>5.0.  This happened after I made the image transparent. Could someone
>please point me in the right direction or better yet, tell me how it's
>done?? You can see the image here....
>http://www.becca302.com/images.htm

Here is something you can try. First you may want to use the original
graphic(it looks like you took a graphic and then pasted it onto a
background texture)

Select your graphic(make sure only the fish itself is selected). Then
modify the selection (CONTRACT) by 1-3 pixels(or more depening on how much
white stuff you have). Then FEATHER the selection by the same number of
pixels you contracted. Then copy and paste to a new image(with the
background color you want for your transparency).

I will send you an example of how this would look via private e-mail.

Virginia's Visions
http://www.visionsnet.com