Re: .art files?

by Virginia Blalock <virginia(at)visionsnet.com>

 Date:  Sat, 08 Apr 2000 13:09:14 -0500
 To:  hwg-graphics(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 01:09 PM 4/8/00 -0400, Seaforest(at)aol.com wrote:
>Hi.
>
>   I'm seeing some people start to use these for images and illustrations on
>their sites, but I can't find any info on what they are.  I can see the files
>in my browser, but my computer doesn't seem to know what to make of them when
>I save one.  I was wondering if anyone could tell me what they are, and maybe
>where I could find more info.

They are AOL's compressed graphics files. If you use IE you can see them
but most graphics programs and Netscape cannot see them. Usually the ones
using .art files are AOlers who don't know any better. If someone is on AOL
they can configure it to where you do not use compressed graphics.

Virginia's Visions
http://www.visionsnet.com