Re: transparency question

by =?iso-8859-1?Q?St=E9phane?= Bergeron <stephberg(at)videotron.ca>

 Date:  Wed, 10 May 2000 00:35:13 -0400
 To:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 11:21 PM 09/05/00 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I see more and more web sites that have digital images that are "faded"
>in on one side. (see http://www.financiallearning.com/ for an example
>across the top).  I know how to set the trancparency of the image as a
>whole, but how do they get ust a portion of it to fade in?  I've got
>Fireworks as well as PhotoImpact but can't seem to find the effect I'm
>looking for.

I don't know about PhotoImpact but in Fireworks you need to create an=20
object the same size of your pic then fill it with a black to white=20
gradient.  Place it over your pic and select both.  Then go to the Modify=20
menu and click Mask To Image (may not be the exact wording, I don't have FW=
=20
open at the moment).  You can then edit the gradient by selecting the=20
grouped pic/gradient object and using the paint bucket tool to play with=20
the handles that let you modify the gradient.  Look for Mask Groups in the=
=20
help files for more info.

HTH!

St=E9phane Bergeron