RE: business cards

by =?iso-8859-1?Q?St=E9phane?= Bergeron <stephberg(at)videotron.ca>

 Date:  Wed, 24 May 2000 21:24:29 -0400
 To:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 03:07 PM 24/05/00 -0600, you wrote:
>I agree with Jeff.  Illustrator would be the better program.  As for
>resolution.  If you are working with the vector based images that
>Illustrator creates, you don't really need to worry about this.  If you are
>using bitmap, I would work at a minimum of 300 dpi.

Throwing my two cents in here...  I would agree with Michael myself and use=
=20
Quark if its available to the person who started this thread.  I personally=
=20
find it more powerful and a lot easier to use than PageMaker and its print=
=20
output is the sharpest I've seen (especially for text) of all vector=20
programs I tried, including PageMaker, Illustrator and Freehand. That was=20
obvious to me even on my "antique" Epson Stylus Color printer.  My second=20
choice would also be Illustrator though or even Freehand but I have very=20
limited experience of Freehand as I don't own it and only tried it.

I second the 300 dpi minimum advice for bitmap images and, depending on the=
=20
kind of paper you print on, it may be good to go even higher (440 dpi or=20
even 600 are typical for some magazines).  It might not be necessary to go=
=20
that high for a business card though.

HTH!

St=E9phane Bergeron