Re: Host-providers disallowing both FrontPage and FTP

by Bob Stein <stein(at)visibone.com>

 Date:  Fri, 05 May 2000 11:37:57 -0400
 To:  "Kehvan M. Zydhek" <kehvan(at)zydhek.net>,
<hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 04:02 PM 5/4/00, Kehvan M. Zydhek wrote:
>If you use FrontPage, then supposedly you don't need FTP and FrontPage has
>file-transfer capabilities.

FrumpPage does support some file transfers, and nicely too:  In Win95 I can
drag and drop files *into* a web site.  Unfortunately, I can only export
*one file at a time* (via menu clicks) so it's useless for backing up a
site.  Also it gives no access to the log files at all, or to the
all-important .htaccess file.

One cannot manage a web site with FrontPage alone...

-- Bob Stein, VisiBone, http://www.visibone.com, http://html-color-codes.com