Re: Line effect on web graphics???

by Comharsa <comharsa(at)clara.net>

 Date:  Thu, 20 Jul 2000 22:09:52 +0100
 To:  <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 20:14 20/07/00, Sergei Rolnik wrote:
>try http://www.colormix.com maybe it will help.  choose the colors that you
>want to mix then choose the stripes option and make it a swatch.   save it
>from the popup window as a gif.  after that i use it in fireworks as a
>texture fill.  for that draw a shape (square or a circle) goto object -
>fill - pattern - other.  then choose your gif file that you just saved.  i
>am sure you can create your own textures in photoshop as well.

For an easy way to do it in Fireworks (something similar can be done in PSP
and, I would imagine, PS) have a look at question 11 in the Fireworks FAQ
(link in my sig). There is also a tutorial linked fro there with more options.

Brian
comharsa(at)clara.net

Fireworks FAQ: http://comharsa.com/firefaq.php3