Re: Fireworks

by =?iso-8859-1?Q?St=E9phane?= Bergeron <stephberg(at)videotron.ca>

 Date:  Wed, 02 Aug 2000 17:23:49 -0400
 To:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 04:15 PM 01/08/00 -0700, you wrote:

>Also a question- I like Fireworks for optimizing images, but there's a lot
>more tools in Photoshop. I have 5.02- does the newer 5.5 something do a
>better job at optimizing graphics?

Yes, Photoshop 5.5 is a lot more Web friendly than any previous version and=
=20
it does come with ImageReady 2.0 but personally I still find that Fireworks=
=20
3.0  is by far the best Web graphics application out there.  To limit it to=
=20
an image optimizer is not doing it justice at all though even if,  when=20
optimizing images,  I can consistently turn out better looking, smaller web=
=20
graphics in Fireworks that in Photoshop/ImageReady.

Fireworks is a complete Web graphics creation package that is far more=20
powerful and customizable than ImageReady and easier to use (IMO).  It=20
integrates vector drawing and editing tools with bitmap editing tools=20
seamlessly and is also less of a system resources hog.  For someone who has=
=20
little experience with vector drawing programs like Illustrator or=20
Freehand, Fireworks might have a somewhat steeper learning curve but it's=20
well worth the effort.  Also, don't forget that you can use and access most=
=20
Photoshop plugins from within Fireworks and that you can use many of them=20
as re-editable live effects (on both vector objects and bitmap images).

Btw, I am in no way associated with Macromedia... just love their=20
products... ;-)

HTH!

St=E9phane Bergeron

p.s.  I can vouch for Brian's FAQ being a great place to find out about=20
Fireworks resources and get answers to common questions.