Re: Fireworks and PS

by =?iso-8859-1?Q?St=E9phane?= Bergeron <stephberg(at)videotron.ca>

 Date:  Wed, 02 Aug 2000 22:41:59 -0400
 To:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 07:41 PM 02/08/00 -0400, you wrote:
>Since I have hardly used Fireworks, I can't compare that and PS/ImageReady.
>And I agree with St=E9phane that IR is a bit of a hog (and terribly=
 annoying at
>times). Does Fireworks work well with Photoshop in the same way it does=
 with
>IR?

I'd say that Fireworks works better with Photoshop than IR does=20
actually.  Many people with more experience than me with IR say so as=20
well.  Fireworks can import Photoshop files with layers and editable text=20
intact and layers can be kept as layers or be distributed to frames for=20
animation.

Jean was asking if one can select and edit only a specific area.  In image=
=20
(bitmap) edit mode you have access to the same type of selection tools you=
=20
have in PS like the marquee or magic wand tools.  Fireworks is very=20
flexible in how you can work with objects, especially masks which are much=
=20
easier to create and edit in FW than in either PS or IR.  Photoshop is=20
definitely the best at what it does but so is Fireworks IMO.  They were not=
=20
designed to accomplish the same tasks but the both of them work great=20
together.  IR is more Firework's direct competition and in my mind there's=
=20
really no competition there.  Fireworks is a much better tool for Web=20
graphics, wether you need to create or optimize them.

HTH!

St=E9phane Bergeron