Re: Transparent GIFs

by Peggi & Ben Rodgers <woodduck(at)mbay.net>

 Date:  Thu, 28 Sep 2000 10:52:24 -0700
 To:  Ben Ocean <lists(at)TheWebsons.com>,
hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Ben

Try PaintShopPro.  It's a heck of a lot cheaper and I think it's much
easier to use - not to mention does a better job.  I know alot of people
who are using it as well as myself and are really happy with it.  It also
has a great screen capture utility.  It's made by Jasc and I think their
website is www.jasc.com.

Peggi

At 09:08 AM 9/28/00 -0700, Ben Ocean wrote:
>Hi;
>I use PhotoShop 5.0 and will soon upgrade. I'm disappointed in the poor
>quality of transparent gifs I create with this program. They end up grainy
>and often have speckles around the edges. I have seen other people's
>transparent gifs and they look just fine. Can someone tell me what I'm
>doing wrong, or recommend a plug-in utility?
>TIA,
>BenO

Ben & Peggi Rodgers
Pacific Grove, CA  (near Monterey)