Re: Netscape/IE ?

by Mark Horvath <mhorvath(at)shore.net>

 Date:  Fri, 15 Dec 2000 03:29:24 -0500
 To:  "Lauri Vain" <optima(at)hot.ee>
 Cc:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 12/14/00 10:56 PM +0200, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I have a problem... Any ideas why the image
>http://www.interest.ee/suurhall/bck.jpg shows up perfectly in IE but not in
>Netscape?

Hi Lauri,

I think for some unknown reason, Netscape is not able to handle the
unusually large vertical dimension of your image(30,000 pixels). I took
your image and resized it 5 X 1500 and found it displayed and tiled just
fine in Netscape Navigator 4.08.  My monitor is set to 1024 X 768. You
probably won't need to have the vertical dimension of your background image
much bigger than the highest screen resolution you expect.

Best wishes,

Mark Horvath

"Never say 'OOPS!'  Always say 'Ah, Interesting!"