Re: "Professional" Graphics Programs

by Kimiko Drew <macruimmon(at)earthlink.net>

 Date:  Thu, 05 Apr 2001 15:45:48 -0700
 To:  Freda Lockert <fredalockert(at)clara.co.uk>,
hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

>And your printer/bureau will expect you to have dealt with the differences
>beween the RGB and CMYK colour spaces on your colour calibrated computer
>system, to know about process and spot colours ($$$), varnishes, colour
>trapping and registration, dot gain, half tone screens, and quite a bit
>more. And of course you've checked with them in advance that they have the
>fonts you've used in your document, unless you have a properly generated
>PDF. And you have used PostScript fonts haven't you ... <g>
>
>Cheers.
>Freda

Ok,

I am not knocking those hard working printers, as I have several friends
who do that for a living. It is almost fascinating to watch, but the ink
goo all over the hands, that never wash off... not my cup o' tea.

But the above comments from Freda is why I prefer web design over print,
less mess, less hassles, ... well usually.

And yes, I am a Photoshop fan, although PSP has aspects that are fun to
play with. I thought of checking out the Elements program, but read it has
no curves, which means less fun with images (I finally got the knack of
curves, and wouldn't want to do without for my pics.) Otherwise, it looks
good for web designers and others who can use it for their needs. I believe
in using the right tools for the job, whatever they may be.

Well, back to the fun all...

Kimiko Drew

a web designer in The Camarilla
macruimmon(at)earthlink.net