Re: Automatic download

by Kym Jones <kjones(at)adam.com.au>

 Date:  Fri, 19 Apr 2002 08:59:38 +0930
 To:  David Short <dshort(at)dccnet.com>,
<hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

Since my ears are burning I guess I should reply LOL.....

David, I'm not sure what post of mine you're referring too but I would be
inclined to do what somebody else has already suggested. Create your
thumbnails and link them to a zip file.  Visitor clicks thumbnail and
downloads the full size image all neatly packaged :)

Just bear in mind that your .tif files are probably going to be pretty
large so you might want to create a series of zip files for those if
they're really big for easy downloading.

HTH

Kym

At 03:19 PM 4/13/02 -0700, David Short wrote:
>Being relatively new here, I expect my question will be kind basic, but I
>really would appreciate anyone's help.
>
>I want to have a page of thumbnails of large .tif & .jpg images to be
>available for download. I would rather the images themselves don't come up,
>but rather that a click on the thumbnail would automatically start a
>download.
>
>Is there an easy way to do this? Or do I have to go into more sophisticated
>scripting (perl, etc)? I'd prefer the simplest solution. I've tried a number
>of things, but it doesn't work "automatically".
>
>I thought Kym Jones post and answers might give me the clue, but maybe I
>missed something.
>
>Help! I'm an age-disabled old guy whose brain cells seem to be diving
>towards infancy fast!
>
>:-) David (-:
>
>--
>David Short
>Communications by Design
>Gibsons, BC  Canada
>http://www.davidshort.com
>(604) 885-1463 (C), 886-8299 (F + V), 886-8228 (H)

In Memorium
http://www.conceptualeyez.com/memorial.html

Free Graphics for Personal Websites
http://www.conceptualeyez.com