Re: Transparent Gifs in Fireworks 3 and Abode Photoshop 5

by =?iso-8859-1?Q?St=E9phane?= Bergeron <stephberg(at)videotron.ca>

 Date:  Wed, 27 Dec 2000 16:59:05 -0500
 To:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
 Cc:  webdiva(at)webdiva.screaming.net
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 09:19 PM 27/12/00 +0000, you wrote:
>For some reason when Im trying to create a transparent gif with Fireworks 3
>and Abode Photoshop 5 it always saves with a white Background. I'm=
 wondering
>what Im doing wrong.
>
>An example can be found at http://www.ivor-church.org/hwg/index2.htm
>
>This images was created in Fireworks 3 and I used style number 23. I chose
>the paint brush color as white and the fill color as black.

I assume that you have set canvas to transparent in Fireworks and exported=
=20
the image like that thinking the background would be transparent right?=20
:-)  Well the thing is you should set the canvas color to the same color as=
=20
the Web page your image will be placed on so it is anti aliased o that=20
color and doesn't look jagged.   Then, in the Optimize panel, click on the=
=20
eye dropper button with the =3D sign in the lower left part of the panel and=
=20
click on the background of your image. You can select the Preview pane=20
first to see the effect of making the background transparent.  After that,=
=20
export the image as a Gif and it should appear with a transparent=20
background in your page.  The process is similar in Photoshop as you have=20
to select one or more transparent colors in the export dialog.

HTH!

St=E9phane Bergeron