Re: image problem

by Kimiko Drew <macruimmon(at)earthlink.net>

 Date:  Mon, 16 Jul 2001 08:51:07 -0700
 To:  "Jami" <designsbydusty(at)tiadon.com>,
<hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 09:05 PM 7/14/01 -0500, Jami wrote:
>However, the person I did the picture for swears that the hair is more of an
>auburn shade and that the airbrushed hair looks black. For the life of me, I
>can't see the difference. Could someone please look at this picture and tell
>me what I'm doing wrong?

Hi Dusty

I agree with the others, her hair has more auburn in coloration. Its
similar to my own. Looks black, but isn't. Check the monitor as they all
mentioned. My monitor at work I never use for photo work, as it is too
dark, and won't get any better (cheap card and cheap monitor). But I use it
for testing, as it is a "normal" monitor in comparison to my home one.

Also, you wanted technique. Try the color picker and pick different points
of her hair. Then use a fine airbrush point. Pick a slightly different
color. Or for a different technique, try using the rubber stamper, if PSP
has one. I use Photoshop so I am not sure about PSP. Again, be sure to not
use just one section, but change off for a more varied look. The
rubberstamping tool is a bit tricky to use, so practice a lot first, or it
will look as bad as cut and paste.

Good luck and hth.

Kimiko Drew
macruimmon(at)earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~macruimmon/
a web designer in The Camarilla
White Wolf's Official Fan Club

Nothing happens unless first a dream. - Carl Sandburg