3 weather resistant model Re: Digital camera info (I hope this is on topic!)

by Nigel Dyson-Hudson <ndh(at)InternetSmiths.com>

 Date:  Thu, 30 Aug 2001 22:59:49 -0400
 To:  Tanya <tjtmd(at)attglobal.net>,
hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
tanya,

I need weather resistant mega pixel digital cameras since I do
fire/rescue/cave photography. Which models are weather resistant is hard to
find anywhere.

The Kodak DC5000 is large, well sealed, and will not fit in a shirt pocket.
The local newspaper looked at the digital pictures I took and said that
they were as good as their Kodak digital back on a Nikon.

The Cannon A20 just came out and is even has a water proof to 30M housing.
It is shirt pocket size and will fit in a Rubbermaid 1.2 pt round container
to somewhat protect it. A large retailer has it in their photo dept.

Cannon A10 is simpler version of A20 but get the A20, it has a lot more
features

All the above models have a USB connection, will feed video to a tape deck
or PC, and have a macro mode. I was able to get some reasonable pictures of
cave crickets and butterflies with my A20 in macro mode.

nigel

At 12:40 PM 8/30/2001 -0700, Judith C. Kallos wrote:
>CNET has an extensive review of all the top cameras, even a Bargain category:
>
><http://www.cnet.com/electronics/0-1429209.html?tag=dir>
>
>HTH!
>
>/j
>
>At 09:43 PM 8/29/01 -0400, Tanya was curious and pondered:
>>Hello,
>>I would like to purchase a digital camera (the kind that takes no film
>>but feeds the photos into the PC (likely o
>

>Do-It-Yourself Headquarters!
><http://www.technochallenged.com>

nigel dyson-hudson, InternetSmiths, Inc.
"Internet since lynx and mosaic days"
"I was Internet when Internet wasn't cool"