Re: Line Ghosts

by Kukla Fran and Ollie <weblists2001(at)yahoo.com>

 Date:  Tue, 19 Mar 2002 12:34:09 -0800
 To:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
 Cc:  "Kehvan M. Zydhek" <kehvan(at)zydhek.net>, "Steven W Loney" <steve(at)thewebguy.ca>
  todo: View Thread, Original
This is a good example that images should be created and maintained in the
graphics' program native file format.  Only after all work has been
completed and signed off should a copy be saved as a .JPG, .GIF or .PNG
file for use on the web.  By using the native format when
creating/manipulating an image, there is no loss or distortion.

If you receive your artwork from a client as a .JPG, for example, one
should immediately save it in your graphic program's native format.  That
way, any changes made (if needed) will not distort the image.  One should
always work off a copy of the master image.  Final production copies are
then made from that master copy.

Kukla