Re: 72 DPI (ppi) fallacy?

by Steven W Loney <steve(at)thewebguy.ca>

 Date:  Mon, 21 Oct 2002 02:33:17 -0500
 To:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Since I can never figure out why web designers would even test pages on a
mac I can't imagine why we'd go with 96ppi.

For the last 3 years in the English speaking online world their presence
has hovered between 1% & 2% of online traffic when measured against a
traffic sample of 3 to 4 hundred million visitors in a 30 day period.

I suppose that if a client's market was focused on the print/graphic arts
industry where mac has it's baby toe hold you might buy a mac for that
project. Of course once it's done it would be a silly waste of valuable
time to spend developing hours even viewing pages on it.

Steve