DW MX (was Re: picture slicer)

by Robin Liston <rliston(at)cox.net>

 Date:  Thu, 17 Apr 2003 21:50:28 -0700
 To:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
I hate the new panel layout of MX, even on a 20" monitor the document
window is too small. However, you can set the preferences to "classic"
Dreamweaver so it looks like Dreamweaver 3/4.

I like the split code/design view, the accessibility features, the built in
validation support, and support for XHTML.

If you use the database side of it, it now supports ASP.NET, Cold Fusion,
and PHP. (I think UltraDev 4 only supported ASP and JSP originally.)

My MX version seems to crash less now too.

But for pure HTML needs...I don't see too much difference between the old
and the new.