RE: List abuse - NOT !

by GeePeeEff(at)aol.com

 Date:  Sun, 1 Feb 1998 02:11:09 EST
 To:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org

--part0_886317070_boundary

Mary,

Richard was not the original author of this message; he wrote the first
paragraph in response to Rick Strom writing the message about Richard's web
site (Actually, Rick's msg. starts from the paragraph 'Save yourself the
time....' and ends at the 'Killfile' comments, the rest of the message is from
Richard). Rick is the one who should keep the flames off the mailing list, not
Richard.

From: Richard Allen <rallen(at)dial.pipex.com>
To: Hwg Graphics (E-mail) <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
Date: Friday, January 30, 1998 8:48 PM
Subject: List abuse

>With regard to the posting of the message below from Rick Strom about my
>site I can only make the following comment. I'd like to be rude back but
>I'd only be lowering myself to his level.
>
>Save yourself the time, this guy's desperately trying to build his web
>counter. This is the SECOND time I INADVERTANTLY visited this amateur, low
>impact site. There is nothing whatsoever of interest to anyone who doesn't
>belong to some Honda Motorcycle club in Great Britain.
>
>Richard, killfile.
>Killfile, Richard.
>
>What was this last comment meant to mean?
>
>The original posting was meant to be light hearted and I greatly resent
>someone being able to post such a reply onto the guilds mailing list. At
>least some people out there took it in the manor it was meant. This person
>should not be allowed to use the mailing list to vent his loathsome
>comments. Some of us out here do the best we can with the limited knowledge
>and skills we have. There are always going to be someone who is either
>better or worse at something than you or me. To have such a reply posted
>onto the list is an abuse of the list.
>
>I take this not just as an abuse of the list but as a personal insult and
>no one should be allowed to use this mailing list for those purposes.
>
>Thanks,
>Richard (Bald Eagle) Allen
>rallen(at)dial.pipex.com
>http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/rallen/capital.shtml