Re: Gif reduction program

by Jason Peters <jason(at)reverend.demon.co.uk>

 Date:  Wed, 25 Feb 1998 20:32:23 +0000
 To:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Leta

I recently purchased the Ulead Web Razor package which
includes their GIF Animation Smart Saver program.

It's a breeze to use and works really well, (allowing you to preview
the optimised file before saving, for example).

I'm not entirely sure as to whether it's a standalone product but
I've included the Ulead URL if you want to investigate further.

http://www.ulead.com

Hope this helps.

From:          Bstseller1(at)aol.com Date:          Tue, 24 Feb
1998 16:12:42 EST To:            hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
Subject:       Gif reduction program

I've been searching the internet for a shareware program which will reduce the
file size of animated gifs. I tried "A Simple Gif" but that doesn't allow you
to save the file so you can see how the reduced file will look on the net. I
tried Gif Wizard, but that also has become cash and carry--no way to see how
it looks before you pay up front. (Being of the old school...I don't like to
buy pigs in a poke--been stuck too often with dead rats.)
Does anyone know of any shareware programs that you can try before you buy?
Thanks,
Leta
Goddess...a webzine for women
http://members.aol.com/bstseller1/Goddess1.html
Jason Peters
Jason(at)reverend.demon.co.uk
http:\\www.reverend.demon.co.uk

"And nothing 'gainst Times scythe can make defence
Save breed to brave him when he takes thee hence."
William Shakespeare, Sonnet #12.