Re: FW: Images on web sites (Clarification)

by webmaster(at)electroservice.com

 Date:  Tue, 30 Jul 2002 09:14:22 -0400
 To:  "'hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org'" <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 6:29 AM -0500 7/30/02, Campbell, Bryan G wrote:
>Here is an example of a web site that illustrates what I'm wanting to
>accomplish: http://www.sierratradingpost.com. Every images on this web site
>has just the product on a white background. Nothing else in with the image
>to distract the user. Due to the high volume of products on their site, I
>have a very hard time believing they spend forever cropping out the
>background on each image. I'm guessing that they use some "blue screen"
>technique to easily crop out any background to give it the solid white. If
>anyone can tell me how to accomplish this, I would be forever grateful.

I'm sure that the images on this example are set up with presentation
in mind during the photography.

I suggest that a professional photographer take a photo-shoot of all
products your client wishes to present in a manner that can be easily
edited for web presentation.

Planning and presentation go hand-in-hand.
--

Cliff Smith
VP - Operations