Re: Project Scanner

by BlizzardSD <BlizzardSD(at)aol.com>

 Date:  Sun, 14 Dec 1997 13:58:58 EST
 To:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
>Greetings, fellow guild members:
>

>Now I ask you guys for a bit of advice; I am finally looking into buying a
>scanner. <gasp>
>I think you have been over this topic quite a bit, but here-goes.
>
>Off topic alert: I hope not, as this directly deals with the graphics
>department.
>*crossing fingers & toes*
>
>I am looking into buying a just-under-professionally-priced scanner (if
>there is such a thing). (Just under 4 digits).

    I have been very happy with the Imagestar III scanner made by Adara
(www.adara.com).  The optical resolution is 600 x 1200 and dynamic range is
3.4.  Best of all, it only cost about $700.  The drawback -- editing software.
It comes packaged with Ulead PhotoImpact SE.  Of course, if you already have
Photoshop or some other program this isn't an issue.  I personally paid the
$100 to upgrade to PhotoImpact 3.0.  It works great for what I do, but I know
most in this group need something better.  Just my two cents worth...

Peter Cassel