Re: Graphics tablets: Yes or No?

by Lorraine Angus <la(at)xylographics.com>

 Date:  Mon, 15 Mar 1999 23:18:56 -0500 (EST)
 To:  "Maureen A. Barlow" <mobarlow(at)earthlink.net>,
hwg-graphics <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi Maureen,
My 2 cents: I've used graphics tablets for 6 years or so,  I have 2 wacom
tablets and LOVE them...to me it is much more natural to use a pen
("stylus") than a mouse or trackball or that screwy  pad thingy on my
powerbook! Yes, I originally bought it for Illustrator and PS,  but I use
the pen for everything -- have never attached a mouse to this machine.
Good luck, I'm sure you'll get other thoughts on this.

Lorraine

>Hi, everyone.
>
>I just joined this list, and if this question is not appropriate for this
>list, I apologize.  I have been grappling with the idea whether to purchase
>a graphics tablet to make drawing graphics easier.  I've tried all along
>with using just my mouse, but I wonder what other people's thoughts are on
>graphics tablets?  Do you find that it significantly improves your drawing
>performance?  The reason I'm asking is that I don't want to spend $500 on
>something that I might be able to do without.
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Maureen A. Barlow
>______________________________________
>Abaris Concepts
>*Website creation, graphics design, & Macintosh consulting*
>http://www.abarisconcepts.com

Lorraine Angus
XYLO GRAPHICS
2681 Edgehill Road