Re: from Freehand to Photoshop

by Ricardo Madrazo <madrazo(at)el-tecolote.com>

 Date:  Mon, 15 Dec 1997 10:47:51 -0600
 To:  killian jenkins <killian(at)terminal.cz>
 Cc:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
>	Does anybody know how to import text from Freehand to Photoshop so
>that it
>looks right?  All I'm getting is terrible looking text that isn't
>anti-aliased in Photoshop.  I know it works fine and looks great simply
>copying and pasting from Illustrator to Photoshop... but Freehand looks
>terrible.  Am I doing something wrong?  I installed Freehand because all I
>heard was how much better it was than Illustrator and the more I experiment
>the more I am disagreeing.  I think Illustrator is by far a better program.
> ANy comments?
>

>Killian
>http://members.tripod.com/~SiteScribe

Killian,

you have to export as EPS from Freehand and then open from Photoshop as
EPS.  If you use the clipboard to copy-paste, you will usually have
unpredictable results.  Make sure when you import to Photoshop you have the
"anti-alias" box checked, as well as your color format (RGB, CMYK,
Grayscale or whatever.)

Let me know if this helped you in any way.

Greetings from Mexico,

Ricardo
(who only speaks 3 languages)  8-P