sit file on a pc

by Ricardo Madrazo <madrazo(at)el-tecolote.com>

 Date:  Wed, 28 Jan 1998 19:55:06 -0600
 To:  HWG Graphics <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

>hello all...
>
>I have just had a file sent to me with the extension .sit  I am told it is
>mac but I work with a pc.  Can I work with this file?  My system doesn't
>even see the file at all so I am kind of lost.  If I can't use it what do I
>get the creators to do so that I can work with it?
>
>Thanks for your help
>Helen

You might want to ask the people who sent you the file to compress using
ZipIt, a zipping utility for the mac that is compatible with windows .zip
files.  I downloaded it a long time ago, but can't remember where.  In the
"about" box for the app, all they have as contact credits is the following
email address:

tbrown(at)dorsai.org

That's it.  No url.  You might want to try in yahoo for "zipit".  That's
what I use when compressing files across platforms (Mac to PC).  Hope this
helps.

   Ricardo Madrazo                     ^-^
   Tecolote Publicidad Digital        {@v@}
   Una solucion para todo            / ^^^ \
   mailto:madrazo(at)el-tecolote.com    \^^^^^/
   http://www.el-tecolote.com          m m
   Tel/Fax (525) 573-5479