Re: Colors & Palette

by Ricardo Madrazo <madrazo(at)el-tecolote.com>

 Date:  Sun, 18 Jan 1998 15:43:38 -0600
 To:  Chad Douglas <chad(at)infofree.dalco.net>
 Cc:  HWG Graphics <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

>Here's a question:
>
>If you design a page for 640x480, and at the top is a button bar
>(horizontal) that
>fits nicely on your screen, how do you eliminate the excess whitespace
>caused by a
>switch to 800x600?

You don't eliminate that space.  But it's better to have the 800x600 (or
beyond) viewers have a little extra space, than for the 640x480 viewers
have to "horizontal scroll" in order to fully view your button bar, or in
the worst case scenario, not view it completely at all because the
programmer put the button bar in a frame with SCROLLING=NO attributed.

Believe me, and like many of the people have said here before...

DESIGN A SITE TO LOOK GOOD AT ALL RESOLUTIONS.

And that begins with lowest common denominator, which is 640x480x256.

ok?

   Ricardo Madrazo                     ^-^
   Tecolote Publicidad Digital        {@v@}
   Una solucion para todo            / ^^^ \
   mailto:madrazo(at)el-tecolote.com    \^^^^^/
   http://www.el-tecolote.com          m m
   Tel/Fax (525) 573-5479