Re: Dreamweaver (+Fireworks)

by Ricardo Madrazo <madrazo(at)el-tecolote.com>

 Date:  Thu, 2 Apr 1998 09:36:42 -0600
 To:  Steve Bassler <bassmstr(at)westol.com>
 Cc:  HWG Graphics <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

>A few questions:
>
>First, does DreamWeaver handle importing existing pages well?  All my
>pages are hand-coded and (IMHO) highly optimized, and I'm afraid to let
>ANY editor mess with them, WYSIWYG or not.  For example, I have
>background MIDI music playing via the Crescendo plugin, and I use
>Javascript to detect the browser and insert Crescendo's <OBJECT> and
><EMBED> code with the proper parameters.
>
>Second (and to bring this back on topic, this being the graphics list),
>how does Fireworks compare to existing graphic packages, like PSP 5 with
>its new layering and such?  I'm on the verge of making the plunge and
>actually buying it (PSP5) this time around.
>
>And lastly, what kind of price are we talking about, for either or both?
>
>Thanks,
>Steve

Dreamweaver imports existing pages and leaves them intact.  The code stays
as it is... which is also great.  It doesn't change anything you don't want
changed.

As for your Fireworks question, like I said, I haven't had a chance to try
it out yet, but I think it's probably very good.

As for price, I don't know what Fireworks costs, but Dreamweaver retails
for $299, and it's worth the price, IMO.

      ^-^     Ricardo Madrazo
     {@v@}    Tecolote Publicidad Digital
    / ^^^ \   mailto:madrazo(at)el-tecolote.com
    \^^^^^/   http://www.el-tecolote.com
      m m     Tel/Fax (525) 682-9330