Re: Any Suggestions?

by jennifer byrne <jen(at)visi.com>

 Date:  Wed, 29 Apr 1998 13:43:55 -0500
 To:  hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Jason Louie wrote:

>We're developing a catalog site for our client. His catalog includes over
>6000 items. We have all the images we need. However, all the images need to
>be the same exact size, which at the monet, they're not. I need to expand
>the background of each image (not resize the image itself) so that they all
>the same size. It's just very, very, very, tedious to do all 6000 items one
>by one in photoshop. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how I
>can automate this task or possibly figure a way out on how to do in some
>sort of batch process. Any suggestions or am I stuck doing it the hard way?
>Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
>
>Jason Louie

you might try using actions in PS 4.  You can at least automate some of the
work.
Under windows, then show actions.  You can record your action.  Then when
you are done recording one image's actions , the rest of the images you
would click on the action button you just recorded, and it does everything
you recorded all at once to the new image.  Hope this helps.
jen