Re: Problem

by Aaron Meraj <studio1(at)as.net>

 Date:  Fri, 5 Dec 1997 16:02:10 -0800
 To:  ragris(at)ix.netcom.com
 Cc:  Terry Fowler <trf2(at)rc3.mdc.com>, hwg-graphics(at)mail.hwg.org, hwg-graphics-digest(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 2:38 PM -0600 12/5/97, Ralph Grisaffe wrote:
>Spam or no spam, the Mini Controller is a good Idea and it looks like a
>possible solution to navigating a large web site. However, Because of
>the Graphics that had to load before I could view it there was a 1 min
>55 sec. wait before it was completely viewable. Now, I can't speak for
>other people but I'm not going to hang around for more than about 1min.
>and a half for something to load before I'm outa there. I'm not
>critisizing your page, it's just that some people have slower
>connections and those of us who are blessed with faster connections
>don't think about that when we load up all the fancy graphics and
>animations.

We are getting hits more than our server capacity right now. If you visit
later sometimes, you will see it's very fast.  The whole graphic might not
exceed 10k.
One of the reason that we have placed the timer is to show how fast it is.
The normal load is 20 seconds.(28.8)

--

                 A   G   D          S    T   U   D    I    O
                 http://www.agdstudio.com